Monday, October 22, 2007

Kids say the darnedest things....

Ok, so talk about embarrassing.... Allie and I made a quick run to the grocery store last night and as we were passing oh about 4 or 5 people within a very close distance to us, Allie says very clearly and loud enough for all to hear, "Mommy?" I said what... then she said, " do you have underwear on?" I said yes (kind of quietly, but still loud enough to defend myself) then I promptly said Allie! Shhhhh! and she says, "mom, I can talk" and I said yes you can but you can't say that! lol....it was pretty embarrassed by her asking that in public but also couldn't help but laugh a little cause it was soooo out of no where! I'm a very modest person, and have never and will never go "commando". I have no idea why she asked me, but I thought it was hilarious, and also extremely humiliating at the same time. I was too chicken to look up and see if anyone was looking at me. There were like I said at least 4 people right next to us in the isle!

I told Shaun what she said, and he quoted.."kids say the darnedest things" so I knew I had to post about it today to share the humiliation, and laughter with everyone.... why not, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe sounds like something Chris would do... Thats so funny!

Cyndi Bohan said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh! Hee hee! I wonder what made her ask that? Too funny! :o)

Lizzy said...

lmao too funny! at least she didn't say anything more after that! i wonder why she asked that too, lol.